Well, the spinning wheel is out of commission again. The spokes I glued just two weeks ago came loose Saturday while I was trying to ply. Loose spokes thump up and down as the wheel spins, throwing off its balance so it stops at nearly every revolution. I glued the spokes and let them dry overnight. Sunday I tried to continue plying but the wheel is still out of balance. The spokes apparently weren’t precisely centered in position when I finished gluing them. I plied anyway, but it was certainly an exercise in frustration as I was pedaling for dear life to keep the thing going and constantly having to start it going again with my hand. So no spinning today.



Instead, I worked a lot on the border for Icarus:






I think I’ll finish it this week.