This little hat came and went so fast I didn’t even get a chance to post it as an in-progress project:

Hat_2008Jul26_BlueStripes

Pattern: own
Yarn: Schoeller Esslinger Fortissima, 75% wool, 25% nylon, color 085 (navy blue) held together with Froehlich Wolle Blauband Maxi Ringel, 80% wool, 20% nylon, color 7705 (blue stripes plus a green one)
Needles: size 2
Finished size: Toddler
Started 7/25 and finished 7/26/2008

On Thursday I soaked and blocked the finished sleeves of the Apres Surf Hoodie. I had some tense moments while the yarn was wet, pinning out the suddenly and suprisingly gargantuan sleeves. My gauge swatch, that I actually soaked and blocked (an unusual move for me), apparently lied! The sleeves were supposed to be 23″ long total and mine were nearly 31″ when I pinned them down. I actually pinned the sleeves very loosely, stretching them widthwise very minimally and lengthwise not at all.  Dry, my gauge is off by 1/4 stitch and 1/4 row per inch. I can easily adjust for that and need not worry that my sweater’s sleeves are better suited to an orangutan than to me. I have forgiven the gauge swatch.

Now it’s Sunday night, the little hat is finished, Apres Surf is at a non-portable stage, and I have nothing for the bus ride tomorrow. Back I go to the giant pile of yarn I strewed across the bed this afternoon, to see if I can find something that jumps out at me.

Oh, one more thing! The recipient of the 4 chemo hats I wrote about last month finally got them, and while the Swirl Cap is indeed too small (as I expected), she likes and wears the other three. I am glad I was able to do one little thing to help out.

Advertisements